Re: Cache Digests Diffs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 20:17:21 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> The "contest" rules were explicitly designed to limit any influence
> from our statistics or approach. So you can just apply the simple
> algorithm (100 line program posted on the Web) to your dataset and
> see how it competes with your smart algorithm. Just please use
> consecutive digests.

The reason why I asked for statistics is to determine if the set of
digests I have makes sense, not as input to my algorithm. I only need
the top output (similar to what I sent to you), not the full details.

Yes, I know the "contest" rules, and when my implementation is ready I
will give you ouput from a varity of different conditions, in
combination with your simple algorithm.

/Henrik