Re: Unidentified subject!

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:51:31 -0600

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Yee Man Chan wrote:

> I was trying to do that popup window thing. So I wrote the following module
> and I inserted a call to popup() inside fwdComplete just before
> storeComplete(e).
> I get the strange assertion error at assert(mem == e->mem_obj) inside popup()

AFAIK, Squid has many secret kludges that look for popup windows code and
essentially disable it by firing strange assertions and making the code fail
in other ways. The kludges where introduced several years ago by an intern
working on the Harvest project. The intern left, and nobody knows where
those nasty bits of code are. Everybody I know who tried serving ads and
other "extra" content from Squid eventually failed because of those little
bastards.

The only way to proceed (short to writing a proxy on your own) is to find
that intern. Too bad nobody recalls her name!

Alex.