squid-2.3.DEVEL2.DJL0 patch

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:47:04 +0800

This is a 2.3.DEVEL2 relative patch which does the following. Note that
it does not do all that my previous squid-2.2.STABLE4.DJL3 patch does, for
example it does not include the "charge" code since I have not had time to
test this and I am moving on to a new job and hence don't expect to have
time to test it.

What it does do:
  * minor fix to src/Makefile.in distclean target to remove Makefile.bak
    (in case of 'make depend' having been run)
  * big delay-pools related changes to src/comm_select.c to fix the problem
    with saturated delay pools and preference to low numbered FD's
    * changes outside #if DELAY_POOLS:
      added "out_r/w" labels and changed "continue" to "goto" in comm_select()
      to make the EBIT_CLR(...); if(tmask==0) break; code execute on the DNS,
      ICP and HTTP fd's where it was being missed previously
    * changed in #if DELAY_POOLS - queuing and random order of reads for
      reads in pools being delayed
  * minor fix to init flag in src/dns.c, src/redirect.c (to handle 2^32
    reconfigures)
  * src/forward.c, src/ssl.c - changes to defer handlers to support the
    changes in src/comm_select.c above
  * src/squid.h - include limits.h if we have it

This patch is also untested however mostly consists of code which has been
tested as patches against 2.2.STABLE4.

Duane - please advise of any issues with this patch. I am moving to a new
job in Sydney on the weekend where I may work with squid still but use of
delay pools will no longer be part of my job (although I will attempt to
continue to maintain them in my own time).

David.