Re: rsync

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:37:19 +0200

Duane Wessels wrote:

> You can use rsync if you want to have an up-to-date Squid-2.3 source
> tree. Its not as good as CVS server because it probably doesn't allow
> you to modify your local copy. rsync will probably wipe out your
> changes.

Is this a live tree? If so, then it is almost as good as read-only CVS.
I only have to figure out how to rsync thru the firewall... (need to
allow port 873 it seems).

Could you please add a CVS commit log to it an I would be even happier.

Attached is the program I use to automate my changelogs seen in my
snapshot files and partly at the head of every patch. It is called from
CVSROOT/loginfo by

^squid /home/henrik/bin/tag-logger.sh

It cleans up the CVS commit log info somewhat and logs it to
<repositoryroot>/<top-level-module>/<tagname>.changelog
where <tagname> is any sticky tag or "HEAD" if no sticky tag is used.

See my Squid page for other assorted tools used.

/Henrik