Re: SAMBA gethostbyaddr in access.log

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:28:18 -0600

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Philippe PAULEAU wrote:

> Hello,
> i uses squid in my company with 300 WinPC, which
> have dynamic IP by DHCP.
> I always wanted to resolve IP in the access.log so,
> based on SAMBA nmblookup sources, i made one .c
> and several .h, added a small cache manager and
> put this file in SQUID makefile.
> It works fine with it.
>

> So, i was wondering:
>
> 1 - i do not know if somebody else have done this, but
> i think this can be usefull for someone else.
>
> 2 - do i have the right to post the changes ? and where ?
>
> 3 - i think the code is clean, but not 100% guaranted.

Hi Philippe,

I don't think anyone has done that yet.

You can send your code to us (squid@ircache.net). If it looks
good, then we will add it to the source distribution.

You can also simply make a small web page for your code and we
can provide a link to it so that others can find it and
use it.

Duane W.