Re: Squid Question

From: John Dilley <john_dilley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:17:38 -0800 (PST)

--- Sirigunya Wangjinda <u39swj@cp.eng.chula.ac.th> wrote:
> I am researching about Page Replace Policy of Squid. Squid 2.3 use
> LRU for double link-list , LFUDA and GDSF for heap. I confuse about
> constant HEAP_REPLACEMENT. What does this constant do? . What part of
> source code is this constant defined? Is it 1 when LFUDA and GDSF are
> used?
> Sirigunya

Yes, the flag HEAP_REPLACEMENT is a compile time flag that controls
whether the heap-based replacement policies are compiled into Squid. If
you want to use either of the new frequency-based policies (GDSF and
LFUDA) then you must define this flag when you build Squid (easiest if
you specify the flag when you run configure). If you do not define this
flag in the build then you can only use LRU. If the flag is defined
then you can use a configuration option (see replacement_policy in
squid.conf) to control which policy to use. Regards,

=====
-- jad --
John_Dilley
@ yahoo.com