Re: Wierd problem, NTLM diff

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 02:00:22 +0100

Andy Doran wrote:

> Henrik, any further ideas on this? I've poked around and can't see much
> obvious. Squid is a complex beast, but it's not the NetBSD kernel :).

No, I have been busy with identifying why IE5 hangs on certain sites
when going thru Squid, and why IE (4 & 5) fails on some redirects when
using Squid in a hierarchy.

To give a firm answer on what is going on in those "invalid request"
cases where request parsing is obviously out of sync I guess we need a
detailed traffic trace, but I guess you have no means to reproduce this
in any predictable manner..

I have built a very primitive traffic tracer the last days based on a
modified plug daemon, and will refine this tool during the next week.
The idea is to have a suitable tool which can be plugged infront of a
TCP service (i.e. Squid) and provide detailed traffic traces for
connections matching certain patterns. This would allow detailed
analysis and replay of such sessions.

/Henrik