Re: A programming style question

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:20:14 +1100

> In other words, every src/*.c file now included (via squid.h-F.c.h) its own
> copies of squid.h, defines.h, globals.h, etc. There were about 750 *.h files
> total. The result:
> 2215082 Jan 12 20:10 squid
>
> The stock squid was:
> 2215090 Jan 12 19:22 squid

This really surprises me. I can't find the thread in the wine-devel archives
now (maybe it was before April '99, when the archives start), I remember that
more recent versions of gcc were starting to reduce debugging info in different
ways, the reason for duplication was the same debugging info being generated
with a different key based on the include file name, position of inclusion and
other details. At the time most people were using gcc 2.7.2.x, but some
people were starting to use egcs.

A web search for 'batch compile patch' and 'wine' returns nothing. *sigh*

David.

--
David Luyer                           . .           www.zipworld.net
Network Engineer                    .  zipworld         Zip World is