Re: PlugIns for squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 14:52:13 +0100

Gadi Gefen wrote:

> What I need to do is to externally configure the log of squid to
> include some more data from the HTTP request header (like cookie
> values, etc.) What I Thoght youy meant by filter, is something like an
> ISAPI Filter(IIS), which I implemented exactly for that purpose.

No, what I said was that Squid only has the capabilities of logging a
summary, or every detail. If you configure Squid to log every detail,
then you can post-process the log to get the information you want.

See log_mime_hdrs in squid.conf. But beware that this enables logging of
all details from the request and response, including any user passwords,
cookies or other information which may be considered quite private to
the user.

Or get someone working at a better log format interface. It is a known
limitation of Squid, but none of the current developers feels it is
important enought to spend time on.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker