Re: Question to developpers about Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:08:38 +0100

It sounds like you want to make content transformation and not protocol
transformation.

WML and HTML is a markup languages, not a protocols.

HTTP, FTP, Gopher is protocols.

HDML I don't know of.

Squid is not exactly suitable for content transformations, except if it
is done as part of protocol gatewaying from http to some other protocol
(possibly including http). Hmm.. maybe your transformation can be seen
as a Transfer-Encoding transformation. In such case the
Transfer-Encoding patch from Patrick McManus may be of some help. See
http://squid.sourceforge.net/

Please explain more on what you are trying to do, and we may be able to
help you further.

The correct address for questions like this is squid-dev@ircache.net.

--
Henrik Nordstrom