Re: Where have you been lately?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:49:22 +0100

Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Where have you been lately - have noticed that you aren't around
> as much on squid-users@. I guess you are just busy, just that
> I've read less email from you and noticed your snapshots are getting
> quite out of date :(

I am having small pause from Squid development and seriously cutting
down on the amount of time I spend on email. Will probably not ever be
as active on Squid-users as I have been, and in the future concentrate
my Squid efforts on development.

On the development side we have a very stable 2.2.STABLE5-hno version
with most features we currently need, and I am basically waiting for
Adrian Chadd to complete his work on a better storage model (the modio
branch on SourceForge) until I start looking at a new Squid version.

My todo list in short:

* Complete my current assignment in network design

* Finish up some loose ends in our documentation

* Get a short vacation

* Start thinking on future Squid design needs

* Start banging at the code again, when I know where I want it to go.

Basic areas I plan to look into:

* Networking scalability

* Fault tolerance

* Modularity

* HTTP/1.1 support

* Storage model

As it looks now I might have to rip Squid into pieces and put it
together again to achieve what I want, but more on that later when I get
my thoughts together.

/Henrik