Re: 000 response codes

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:39:22 -0700

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Dancer wrote:

> Only half a dev question, though this may involve me hacking some
> source...
>
> Hrm. I've been thrown a question from our support people about squid
> response codes. Specifically 000.
>
> Now _my_ interpretation is that it means: No valid HTTP response code
> (ie: Connection failed, or was aborted before any data happened, or has
> to do with UDP).
>
> However, we have a selection of:
> TCP_REFRESH_HIT/000
> TCP_MISS/000
> TCP_HIT/000

Looks like any request aborted before the client got the
whole response gets a 000 code because of this:

    if (!clientCheckTransferDone(http)) {
        if ((e = http->entry)) {
            http->entry = NULL;
            storeUnregister(e, http);
            storeUnlockObject(e);
        }
    }

I can't figure out why that needs to be so early in
httpRequestFree(), so I'll disable on my
own caches it and see if there are any negative effects.