SSL encryption patch.

From: Benno Rice <benno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:22:50 +1000

Hi,

I've written a patch against squid 2.4-DEVEL2 that allows Squid to do SSL
encryption.

Why, you ask?

For http acceleration mode, mainly. We're using squid as a caching
accelerator for some work we're doing, where we wanted to be able to
offload the SSL encryption.

This required some messing about with some of the guts of squid. The
main change I made is that I added a read_method and a write_method
field to the fde struct, and changed all calls to read() and write() to
calls to those methods. Then I overrode the methods for the SSL case.

The patch is available at:
        http://netizen.com.au/~benno/squid-ssl-patch.tar.gz

It requires OpenSSL 0.9.4 or later to build.

All comments, criticisms and the like appreciated.

--
Benno Rice                                      "No, no. We're *sweet* and
XNFP Aries Dark Subculture-                      *innocent* evil bastards."