Re: [Squid-cvs] website index.html

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:53:35 +0800

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000, dancer@zeor.simegen.com wrote:
> > [henrik]
> > Defenitely, unless there are some legal aspects with putting the work on
> > sourceforge.. (shouldn't be any, but I have a vague memory of US export
> > controls even restricting the use of hooks that could be used to add
> > encryption)
>
> This has been relaxed for 'non-encumbered open source' systems, at long last. There is a thing that must be done
> (a notification requirement), but it's fairly minor I understand.

Ok, sweet. After I've upgraded my modio branch to the latest HEAD
I'll run off and do something with Benno's stuff on sourceforge.
Benno, you can now bug me for CVS space while we roll this all
together. :)

> > > [adrian]
> > > How extensive are you testing the modio stuff you're
> > > merging into your tree? With the stuff I'm doing
> > > to the storage manager now, I'd definitely appreciate
> > > lots of feedback.. :)
> >
> > At this time not at all. I haven't been able to keep up on Squid
> > development lately, but I am trying to get going again shortly. Problem
> > is that the Squid development at my main customer is frozen at the
> > moment with all efforts are put into other aspects of the "product", and
> > most my spare time is occupied with various social events like taking
> > care of my girlfriend and visiting old friends.
>
> Gosh, now _that_ sounds familiar...
>
> > To be able to do any serious Squid work I probably have to find sponsors
> > to pay for my time, but I am not entirely sure how to work that out..
> > (neither with my customer, my employer or the eventual sponsors..)

I'm lucky that my new job wants me to improve squid. Leave the products
to other people, and let us guys hack squid I say. :)

Adrian