Re: Bug in snapshot?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 01:44:35 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Yup, ditto from here. I'm bughunting a UFS rebuild-from-swaplog bug
> > where an object is set to be released but it doesnt come out of the
> > replacement policy (grr), so when that is fixed I'll make sure the
> > heap replacement code works with UFS.
>
> That might be an oldie. Found a bug like that in 2.2.STABLE5 where
> cancelled objects never got released. See my "Squid-2.3.DEVEL2: Release
> unused store entries during rebuild" patch.

Yep, the same problem(s) seems to exist in modio and the current devel
sources. This is one of the patches I plan to commit to the main tree
shortly. I have now committed the missing storeRelease line to modio,
The rest of the larger patch is only an optimization to not block memory
during rebuild.

/Henrik