Re: Modifying Squid to use a homemade File System

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:08:29 +0200

There is a lot of work going on in this area, and the next Squid
versions will have a more well defined interfaces to disk storage and
replacement policies, a clear way of adding new types, and at least 4
storage implementations ("ufs", "aufs", "coss", "diskd") and 2
replacement policy implementations implementing at least 4 policies
(list based LRU, heap based LRU, heap based LFUDA, heap based GDSF). See
the modio project on squid.sourceforge.net.

The changed FS interface has been implemented and is currently being
documented. Some preleminary documentation is available on
http://skywalker.creative.net.au/~adrian/store-api.txt but will shortly
be incorporated in the programmers guide available on
squid.sourceforge.net. The policy interface has been documented and is
currently being implemented.

The storeOpen,... links to the matching function pointers in the SwapDir
structures. They are only demultiplexors that finds the correct SwapDir
for the object and then calls the operation.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker