Re: Policy API

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 02:49:19 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> How is your replacement policy code going?

When I have time for it it makes good progress. However, my time plan is
not going that well. Got a last minute change in plans that "erased"
most of the easter weekend (3 of 4 days), and the rest of this
week+weekend is fully booked with other actitivies which I had
completely forgotten in my timeplan. So what I hoped to have running by
the end of this week is more realistic to see in about 14 days.

Status now is that I have more or less desided on the API to use. Have
made an implementation of "pure" LRU (the "small tail scan of expired
objects" present in Squid is not implemented) and adjusted all the
structures. I have however not yet massaged the Squid C files to
actually make calls to the policy API via the store directory yet, or
implemented a sceleton for HEAP based policies.

/Henrik