squid-novm and squid

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 03:02:06 +0800

I've been looking at various old bits of squid docs today, and I noticed
that some documentation talks aobut how the storage manager used to swap
objects in to a memobject. The current codebase looks more like NOVM in that
swapins don't go through a memobject. I'm trying to figure out why the
codebase is the way it is now, since I've been looking at killing
DISK_CLIENTs and having all clients impemented as memory clients, the
way the old store manager worked.

Any hints why? I'd rather not try to find the relevant messages in amongst
the archives..

Thanks,

Adrian