Re: Modular policy implementation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 01:59:23 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I'm testing out diskd/lru and the objects seem to be removed immediately
> after being created. I'll do some more research into this, but I'll
> fix the storage manager bug its exposed, I think its another race
> condition.

The LRU policy was very broken. fixed.

Tested combinations now include
  ufs/lru
  diskd/lru

The ufs/lru test revealed that my LRU implementation didn't implement
LRU at all times (some/most objects got more of a MRU policy)

The diskd/lru test revealed a race condition in storeSwapOut.. (fix
committed)

/Henrik