Re: USE_UNLINKD

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 02:36:38 +0200

Hmm.. why was that done there? No idea. Hmm.. Ah, I moved it to
defines.h, and then we killed it completely in MODIO.

Oops. The define is still used in unlinkd.c. Fixed.

Why it is done in the long run: Because UNLINKD is a feature available
to the filesystems to use if they want to, and the main code has no good
means of determining if it is required or not.

Hmm.. actually I have a pending change in my CVS repository for adding a
configure option for disabling the use of unlinkd. unlinkd is currently
only required by the ufs store, and there is no point in building
support for it if not needed. I'll throw this in while I am at it.

/Henrik