Re: Updated squid 2.3 stable 3 for cygwin

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:16:29 +0200

Thanks for your patch.

A few issues:

a) What is that business with #define sys_nerr 136 in util.c? It is not
withing a #ifdef, and it looks like it collides with the __declspec line
a few lines down..

b) Running Squid under cygwin.dll isn't very useful util cygwin.dll
properly supports non-blocking socket I/O. The basic Squid design is
based on non-blocking socket I/O.

c) It would be nice if you based your work on the current development
sources, available via anonymous cvs from cvs.squid-cache.org.

If you are really serious about getting Squid working under the cygwin
toolchain I'll give you a CVS branch on squid.sourceforge.net to play
around in. The speediest path is probably to take the code Romeo
Anghelache wrote for native Win32 support, and update it to the current
sources (already updated to Squid-2.2.STABLE5 in the SourceForge CVS
repository), and then tweak the cygwin toolchain to build Squid without
cygwin.dll (or Squid to bypass it on networking).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker