commloops development

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:23:07 +0800

Hi,

I'm back from my break to continue doing squid development. Whilst
playing with my ng ideas in the background I'm going to continue
throwing improvements around.

I've just synched the commloops branch on squid.sourceforge.net to the
latest devel code, and I'm leaving the deferred reads code in for the
time being. What I'd like is some profiling of the new poll code, courtesy
of a few people on this list. I'll be doing my own profiling of course,
but I'm sure there are a few of you who are better at benchmarking things
than I. :)

I'm also going to be playing with some optimised IO ideas over the next
few weeks in this branch. This will probably cover defered reads later
on, but I'm gonig to be generating wads of documentation so people can
follow.

Here we go again ..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<adrian@creative.net.au>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and