Re: configure.in help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:58:57 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> Well the error status isn't set properly when the stackdump occurs.. thanks
> I'll pass that back to the cygwin group.
>
> Uhmmm re starting programs with fd 0, 1 & 2 closed - that's the behaviour
> of squid right before the active child is execvp'd. I'm trying to minimise
> the platform specific changes in the main code. Should I modify squid to
> link those fd's to /dev/null ?

Ah.. the daemon mode. Forgot about that as I am not using it during
development, and all my production systems have this patched to not
close stdin/stdout/stderr..

http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/patches/squid-2.2.STABLE4.daemon-mode-stdio.patch

Why I haven't committed this patch to the main sources is because this
is not the best way to do it. In daemon mode stdin should be connected
to /dev/null, stdout and stderr should also be connected to /dev/null
unless the -d flag is used in which case both should be left alone.

Patch is on the way. It will appear in the cygwin code withing a few
minutes.

/Henrik