Re: making sdirno an int8_t

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 21:16:43 +0200

Duane Wessels wrote:

> We must be talking about different things. The old method used
> four fewer bytes per StoreEntry. For "MODIO" you made this change:

Apparently. Thought you objected to changing things from int to more
specific types.

Both Adrian and me are well aware that the change introduced 4 more
bytes, and was only meant to be temporary. Both types shoule be arranged
to only have the size required, to allow them to be packed together.

I don't like the old method of anding the two together into one single
variable. I'd rather leave the packing job to the compiler. They
represent different things, and are assigned and used separately.

/Henrik