mempool / xfree abuse

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:57:44 +0800

Checking out squid-cvs I was alerted to find something evil in the ACL code.
Looking at aclParseAccessLine(), A is allocated by a call to MemAlloc(),
and then freed by a call to xfree(). xfree() doesn't if its a mempool
rather than a malloc'ed block.

I think this is a bad thing, and I bet that this same thing exists in other
places in the code. Has anyone got any quick clue on this? I'm tempted to
stick a test in xfree() to panic on a mempool'ed block and fix them, but
if someone else has a better idea feel free to tell me.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If Pascal was elite it would be cool,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	 but it isn't, so its not."