Re: appendDomain issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:22:20 +0200

What about using visible_hostname in squid.conf to make sure Squid knows
it's name without having to guess based on the host configuration?

Or second, make sure the machine is configured with its real FQDN
instead of something else.

But you are probably right. If append_domain is defined and the
gethostbyname trick does not return a FQDN name then append it to the
host name, or fail saying that Squid could not find the real name of the
host..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker