groups idea

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 09:03:29 +1100

For authentication, what if we have the authenticator return the groups
after the current response? so old authenticators are returning no group
memberships, and newer ones can return groups optionally?

with ntlm_auth we return the username from the authenticator anyway... I
don't know how much overhead it would introduce.

The in squid.conf we either match against both the username and group names,
or perhaps introduce a new directive proxy_auth_group?

Rob