Fw: Cygwin Squid - great news!

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:53:09 +1100

I've got the cygwin port stable within the cygwin environment (is that
circular logic?).. Anyway the outstanding issues I know of are:
occasional stackdumps when squid is going up and down very quickly.. like
when it cannot find a DNS server (and wouldn't run anyway).
AIO is not currently possible under cygwin - pthreads support is still
fairly minimal.
DISKD - in theory it should work, there is IPC support on cygwin but I
haven'y got it happily compiled yet..
pinger has some problem sending the icmp packets - they get returned from
the local machine, but I haven't tracked this down yet.

Delay pools/CARP/SNMP/HTCP and cache-digests are all working within my
limited test environment.

Can we merge cygwin back into dev? All the cygwin specific changes are
#def'd anyway...

This user report is the last one that reported with any blocking style
performance issues - and I believe it was a SMP platform issue..

---
<.skipped for privacy.>
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 10:48 AM
Subject: Cygwin Squid - great news!
> After installing Win2k SP1 on my SMP box and updating to today's snapshot
of Cygwin, I can now run your precompiled squid on my megabox without it
crashing!

> :) :)

---
Rob