Re: 2.3STABLE - stability issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 23:21:21 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> ;) I think you are little bit too strict on my wording here. In the light
> of diskfull recovery this difference is irrelevant.
> Although yes, disk-crash recovery would also be very interesting topic.

I objected to the conclusion that there are a large number of reasons to
why the partition where swap.state might get full. There are only one
real such reason and that is Squid writing to it. All other reasons can
be eleminated by the proper setup.

Then I am at the same time considering HW crash recovery, mainly because
I have to. The Squid boxes I have built and will build is meant to run
mostly unattended with no OS administration what so ever.

/Henrik