Re: cvs commit: squid/src stat.c

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 08:08:31 +0800

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000, wessels@squid-cache.org wrote:
> wessels 2000/10/03 14:51:04 MDT
>
> Modified files:
> src stat.c
> Log:
> DW:
> - This ugly hack is here to prevent the user from seeing a negative
> byte hit ratio. When we fetch a cache digest from a neighbor,
> it gets treated like a cache miss because the object is consumed
> internally. Thus, we subtract cache digest bytes out before
> calculating the byte hit ratio.
>
> Revision Changes Path
> 1.335 +16 -1 squid/src/stat.c

Would this explain why you see negative byte ratios on non-active caches
due to cachemgr activity? They're also treated as TCP_MISS ..

Perhaps anything internal shouldn't be counted ?

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a women get naked in Amsterdam?"