Re: cvs commit: squid/src stat.c

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:56:46 +0200

On 4 Oct 2000, at 9:23, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se> wrote:

> Regarding the digest traffic. In my opinion retreival of digests should
> count as misses and affect the byte hit ratio. After all Squid is
> fetching content remotely. If you want to get fancy then add a "fast"
> ACL to deny certain requests from the statistics, but hacking digest
> retreival to alway be excluded from the statistics is wrong I think.

 Actually this is very good idea. Perhaps even further, define separate
 counters by ACL's, and then sum these together to get all-totals.
 It is very often that Squid is used for specific traffic and rest is
 not interesting, but cannot be denied access. For eg. local traffic
 that is not cached is drifting hitrate stats towards less efficiency
 than actually there is.

 Imagine:

Cache information for squid:
        Request Hit Ratios: 5min: 60min: