Re: [adri@users.sourceforge.net: [Squid-cvs] commloops squid/src http.c protos.h store.c store_client.c structs.h]

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:51:25 +0800

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000, Joe Cooper wrote:
> Is it stable enough for benchmarking?
>
> I'll fetch it in a little while. I'm still trying to bang out some
> benches for tcp-async, but not really getting anywhere (crashes under
> load).
>
> But will give commloops a run soon.

Well, you won't get much of a speed improvement yet. I will write a
devpoll module in the next couple days whilst I have access to a solaris
7 box (which means you'll be able to use it with the devpoll patches
for linux which I haven't tried yet..)

Commloops hasn't barfed on me under reasonable (100-150 req/sec) load,
and you won't see much of a speed improvement but the good thing about
the kqueue() implementation is that load/performance should be a little
(heh) more linear than with poll()/select(), which SHOULD mean an CPU
speedups should result in a faster request rate.

The beginnings of this are in the squidng tree. I'm probably going to
merge this with squidng again in a couple weeks once I've done some more
2.4 tidyups and I've actually made the storage manager a little more
efficient.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a woman get naked in Amsterdam?"