Re: mempools conversions, more ..

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:51:26 +0800

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000, Duane Wessels wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your vote. Duane ?
>
> For a while it was a "requirement" that all mempools be initialized
> in mem.c. That made it awkward to pool private structures. That
> requirement is no longer true, so thats good news.
>
> I think pooling every fixed-size data structure is a good thing.
>
> pooling "strdup" and similar might be hard, but not impossible I
> guess.

Ok. Uhm, they could get a *little* difficult, but not impossible.
We can attack the string handling code after the rest of the mempool
conversions, since that would also be a good time to look at reworking
the code itself.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a woman get naked in Amsterdam?"