Re: Squid load-balancing and failover, way-prototype

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:23:24 +0800

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000, richard@iguana.co.nz wrote:
> Ok, been workin away down here. Warning: this is hacked up code, it is not
> even beta quality, however it does work (beta functionality, pre-alpha
> style :) Patch is against squid-2.3.STABLE4

Nice. :-)

A few observations, none about your code:

* Squid's dlin list stuff and mempools are very useful.
  YTou might want to look at using it (you mentioned you were looking
  at using the dlink list stuff, but not mempools, which would
  be nicer ..)

* You might want to look at doing this against squid-HEAD. The changes
  shouldn't be that difficult, but I don't know how much of the
  forwarding code has changed between 2.3STABLE4 and 2.4-DEVEL.

Neat work, if I must say so. Well done! :)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a woman get naked in Amsterdam?"