Please update and re-check squid-ntlm.

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:33:26 +0200

For those interested in the NTLM developments in Squid,
today a lot of achievements have been reached. A few
brown-paper-bag bugs have been exterminated, and new features
have been added.
I believe that we're fast approaching a stage of actual
functionality. Testing is _strongly_ encouraged at this point.

Guys, would you be adverse to HEAD fold-in at this point?
Or should we wait until 2.4STABLE has been branched off?

Thomas: Could you please cvs-update and rebuild, then run
the test again with debugging as explained by Robert plus tnt,
and then send him and me the two logs?
I have a feeling that a lot of your problems might have been
solved.

Changes since 18/08:

Support for multiple domain-controllers. Can load-balance
and failover among them.
Support for challenge caching, with proper expiration.
Support for challenge hash renewal.
Support for DC disconnection due to inactivity.

NOTICE!
Command line format has changed. Now it's
ntlm_auth [options] domain/controller [domain/controller ...]
For a list of options check ntlm_auth_modules/NTLMSSP/ntlm_auth.c
They're listed as a comment at the beginning of the process_options
function.

Changes since 10/10 morning:

Domain Controller Load Balancing has been fixed.
Domain Controller failover has been properly implemented.
Now user credentials are always passed back in lower-case.
( If requested, I can add a command-line switch to disable this
 feature, or to pass them back in upper-case)
A nasty bug in credentials caching could have led to heap
overruns and _did_ lead to broken creadentials. Thomas, this was
one of the problems you had (look back at the logs, you might
notice a nonprintable character at the end of the usernames from
the second authentication onwards).
Fixed a bug in state handling that could confuse the client.

NOTICE!
The helper as in CVS has debugging turned on, and all default timeouts
set very short for debugging.

--
	/kinkie