Re: mempools conversions, more ..

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:53:53 +0200

 While moving memPool.c to lib/ I've encountered few things that are
 used from src/ - debug, and gb_t stuff. I could split the thing so
 that debug is used only under src/memPool.c, but this incurred not
 very beatiful split/mix results. I also had to move gb_* stuff to
 lib/util to make it compile. I wonder if this is ok.

 I've managed to split/move mempools to lib and make heap.c to use
 mempools for the most part. Now I'm looking into putting stacks onto
 mempools.
 And here I have a problem. I want to move lib/Array.c onto memPools,
 BUT, mempools itself uses Array.c (via stack* aliases). I wanted to
 do that because one of the major abusers of xmalloc is using stack*
 directly. Now I wonder what should I do about it - how should I
 make Array.c to use mempools at the same time mempools itself is
 using Array.c. I could trap a recursion coming from mempools, it
 would work, but is clearly not neat. Or I could duplicate Array.c
 stuff into mempools and make it local to mempools, which would be
 duplicate code.

 Do you have any suggestions to that matter?

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 Delfi Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 708
 Pärnu mnt. 158, Tallinn,