Re: Next project

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:53:15 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Chadd" <adrian@creative.net.au>

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000, Robert Collins wrote:
> > Well,
> > with NTLM looking like it's all-but-finished, and cygwin running
along
> > quite nicely I'm putting my hand up for another small-mid sized squid
> > project. Anyone have a particular preference as to the next thing
tackled so
> > I don't duplicate effort?
>
> Heh. uhm, there are plenty of things which need to be done :-) I'd like
> to see your NTLM stuff committed to squid-cvs before you move on so
> your patches don't become stale. Have you had any feedback from NTLM
> code users ?

Just for clarity - it's "Robert and Kinkie" - Kinkie has done the glue to
the domain controllers, I did the squid-side stuff, and we generally
collaborated and argued on all the bits in the middle :-]. (And we owe lots
to Andy Doran who did the inital reverse-engineering and built a partial
system.)

There are 3 or four people out there running squid-ntlm in some form or
other now - they can all be found from the squid-users archive. AFAIK they
are all running successfully. Kinkie is running quite a few users on a
doctored version of Andy's code, and in the near future will move over to
the new ntlm code base (once the last development issues w/ntlm are
resolved *). I'm running it at home :-] and if/when I get time I will port
the samba library to cygwin so I can test in the office. In the datacentre
is anyones guess at this point.

The last remaining issue to merging up to HEAD that I am aware of is testing
of henrik's new request path - although kinkie says it's running a-ok on his
production server(s).

Is squid-cvs different from squid cvs on sourceforge? It's currently tagged
ntlm on cvs.squid.sourceforge.net... and I believe henrik is propogating
merges downto the the ntlm tag.

I'm happy to integrate it into squid-cvs at any point - what do I have to
do?