Re: squid-dev archives

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:45:58 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Personally I don't think I have anything from squid-dev as I haven't been
> on it that long.

Well.. you have postings prior to the start of the current archives..
The first squid-dev posting I have from you is dated 20 Apr 1999.

Attached is my first request, but this time I will redirect responses to
Adrian ;-)

Adrian, I will send you my old archives shortly.

Regarding search capabilities: The search form on www.squid-cache.org
searches the mailinglists as well IIRC.

/Henrik

attached mail follows:

Hi.

I think it would be nice if we reconstructed the squid-dev archives for
the period prior to October 1999.

Attached is a small perl program to extract squid-dev articles out of
standard UNIX mailbox format files ("^From " separated, for example
Netscape or mailtool folders). I have close to 600 of the messages, but
there are lots of holes and they are not indexed in any nice manner.

How I used the program to extract squid-dev messages from my mail
folders:

mkdir -p ~/tmp/squid-dev
cd ~/tmp
find ~/nsmail -type f \! -name '.*' -print0 | \
               xargs -0 perl ~/tmp/squid-dev.pl

Then mail me the output of ls in the squid-dev directory and I'll return
to you with what I need to complete the archives (in the form of a small
shell script packaging the files). My mail inbox is unfortunately quite
limited in size and is why I don't want you to sent me all the files at
once..

/Henrik