Re: [Squid-cvs] commloops squid configure.in

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 05:05:16 +0800

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > In seriousness, I can't see anything in the interface that could cause
> > things to be slow, so it entirely depends how it is implemented in the
> > OS. Once I have the implementation working, we can then see how/where
> > its slow and possibly fix it.
>
> How do you register filedescriptors in /dev/poll? If done one at a time
> then there might be a significant overhead there...

Yup, initially I just do one-a-a-time registration, and multiple events
are retrieved per loop. I'm not trying to optimise the IO loop just
yet, I'm trying out seperate event-driven IO ideas so I can make squid
deal with it.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"It was then that I knew that I wouldn't
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    die, as a doctor wouldn't fart in front