Re: separate storage for RFC931 and proxy-auth user names

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:17:01 +0100

The first way is intentional

a) The request structure should be filled in with the available fields.
You should not use ident to tell if the proxy_auth username should be
filled in or not.

b) The selection between ident or proxy_auth username is done in
redirect.c and access_log.c. The preferred priority is: proxy_auth,
ident, "-".

Having two fields in the redirector and access log is overkill I think,
and have implications on all software making use of these...

/Henrik