Re: Someone stomping on our memory

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:40:58 +0800

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> doesn't occur when mempools are disabled.
> Seems that we call xfree where we should call memFree.
>
> Looks like I can reproduce it quite reliably with requests
> ftp://username:password@ftp.site.com/
>
> I'll look into it, but maybe someone (Adrian?) who converted ftp.c
> to some mempools, can find faster what should be checked or done.

Interesting. I didn't convert anything to mempools that someone
else gave to me first, unless its in the storage manager. :)

An easy check is to register all returns from malloc and friends,
and make sure they're existing when free is called. See if that
fixes it.

It wouldn't surprise me .. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"