Re: Transfer-encoding.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:43:08 +1100

I'll look into it. I seem to have volunteered to work on rproxy - I
expressed interest in it :-/.

interface==API?

well for http/1.1 chunk support is compulsory, so I suggest we work with
chunks internally. Then the API must be able to return a list of stored
entity ranges, AND a list of available chunks.

storing other te formats could be done by having a field on create and write
requests to indicate the object format. I think that storing other te
formats will be a loss in the long run. How often will you want to send a
gzip te to a client, vs gzip or rsync? storing the gcd seems sensible and
(to me) that's chunks. (then we can say squid keeps chunks...)