Re: MemPools rewrite

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:03:21 +0800

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2000, at 4:12, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
>
> > > I thought that sourceforge tree is instantly syncronised with main HEAD
> > > and that I should use sourceforge. Is it the case?
> >
> > Aha! Its not automatic. I know, cause I had to do it. :-) I
> > haven't figured out Henrik's evil merge scripts yet, so I'm
> > doing it manually.
> >
> > To track squid-2.4, you should be tracking the squid-cache.org sources.
> > :-)
>
> ee, you mean HEAD? now 2.5? When you commit stuff, you do commit to
> squid-cache.org? And then some time later push to sourceforge?
> Or you commit to sourceforge, and then later push to squid-cache.org?
> Why do we have HEAD on 2 different cvs servers?

Uhm, they're two seperate CVS trees, of course they're going to have
seperate HEADs. IT just so happens that Henrik decided that "HEAD" on
the squid.sourceforge.net tree will mirror the
HEAD from squid-cache.org .

They're definitely not the same branch.

> > > Should people create new branches only is a major project starts, or do
> > > you branch your personal branches also that are not mentioned anywhere
> > > publicly?
>
> how about this?

Yup, I don't see a problem. Clear it with Henrik though when he gets back.

> > > Where do you get notes like this?
> >
> > cvs log is your friend.
>
> how do you tell it to reduce all the crypto stuff to min, and show only
> "interesting" stuff, in date order, not by files.

uhm, cleverwrapper scripts? :-)

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"