Re: 2.4 testing ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:33:27 +0800

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> when 2.4 is configured with --enable-heap-replacement, and squid.conf
> does not redefine *_replacement_policy, squid segfaults. It expects
> lru to be used, but lru wasn't compiled.

Ok, this is because createRemovalPolicy() can return NULL when
something is not found, and the callers don't check for NULL.

Right, that makes sense.

I don't think it should return NULL though. I think I'll patch it to
default to the "first" entry in the storerepl_list, which is going to
be heap for now, but might be something else depending entirely upon
the output of repl_modules.sh.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"