Re: patch to head and 2.4 for diskd

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 23:50:26 +0200

On 25 Nov 2000, at 2:58, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:

> Here is a patch against HEAD. If you assert() on the close_request with
> this patch inside storeDiskdReadDone() to die if close_request is 1,
> I can reliably triugger it by ctrl-C'ing a polyclt during a polygraph
> run.
>
> Can someone check my logic here? We only have a single op on an FS
> (read or write) scheduled on one sio at a time, so we can implement
> a cancel based on close_request ..

 I'm not familiar with diskd, (aufs also not too well), but it seems
 to me that we cannot safely issue close request until we have dequeued
 pending read. And as this happens from callback checks, we can't really
 do much other than flag pending read for cancel. We can do that at
 close_request, but we shouldn't callback handlers if any disk op is
 pending. We should relay on checkcallbacks to call done handlers, who
 check for flags.close_request and do what we need.

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 Delfi Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 708
 Pärnu mnt. 158, Tallinn,