Re: Storing partial responses

From: Brian Degenhardt <bmd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:40:33 -0800

Ooh... that would be great for my needs (mp3 streaming). I'd like to help
as much as possible although my knowledge about the squid source is still
limited. Here's my 0.02:

This would be really nice to augment quick_abort such that if the client
drops connection half way through the transfer, the object can be cached as
a partial response.

As for the per-FS vs. meta-level support, I'm going to cast my vote on the
per-FS side. Here's my scenario why: Perhaps people could write
filesystems that were tuned towards different frequencies of partial
requests. If the all-in-one object solution is good for one load, versus
the one-object-per-segment, users then have a choice.

Anyways, I'm willing to help where I can.
cheers

-bmd