Re: Transfer-encoding.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:04:51 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> well for http/1.1 chunk support is compulsory, so I suggest we work with
> chunks internally. Then the API must be able to return a list of stored
> entity ranges, AND a list of available chunks.

I'll second that, but in a sense chunks is quite similar to Vary, and if
one low level concept can be found that can cover both then I would be
very happy.

Most other formats can quite easily be transferred to/from chunked.

chunked covers the normal case of one big sequential chunk of data.

However, I think that it might be wise to normalize objects to their
sequential form if an opportunity is given. (i.e. re-requested in their
sequential form).

/Henrik