CVS swicheroo on sourceforge

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:28:08 +1100

Hi Henrik,
    Welcome back.

This is one the emails you said to resend if possibly needed - I want to rearrange two branches on sourceforge. The NTLM branch and
auth_rewrite branchs have the wrong relationship. ntlm should depend on auth_rewrite, but instead auth_rewrite depends on ntlm.

Personally, I'm not too worried about the history on the branchs, so I was thinking that I could accomplish this by
* bringing everything up to date (ntlm to HEAD, auth_rewrite to ntlm),
* creating a diff from auth_rewrite to ntlm, and HEAD to auth_rewrite.
* removing the ntlm and auth_rewrite branchs
* create auth_rewrite from HEAD.
* apply the HEAD to auth_rewrite patch.
* create ntlm from auth_rewrite
* apply the auth_rewrite to ntlm patch.

There are two main reasons for doing this:

1 The auth_rewrite support code is an API for adding Digest/Kerberos etc authentication schemes to squid. Similar to modio in many
respects.
2 the auth_rewrite code is independent of the ntlm code - if there are difficulties in the ntlm stuff when we try to bring it into
STABLE, I am hoping that the auth_rewrite could go in more easily. This would then make ntlm a very small patch set.

Will that way work, and is there a better way? (I don't want to mess up sourceforge's CVS...)

Rob