native NT port

From: Romeo Anghelache <romeo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:31:05 -0500

Hi,

I modified the squid 2.3 stable 4 sources to work on NT4,5 (that is without
cygwin32).
This is done by separating sockets from file descriptors mostly by renaming the
read, open, close and write in headers and adding some equivalent functions to
handle the sockets.
Most of the code is ifdef'd WIN32, but in this last version I've been more
negligent in keeping the accuracy of the original UNIX sources. (I cut the use
of fork and ipc).

I added some code in a separate file (win32.c) to make it work as an NT service.
Antoher guy, Guido Serassio, added the -k rotate, reconfigure etc. functionality
under NT.
I modified the cache manager to work as an exe script through MsIIS.
I kept the use of WIN32 API at minimum (just in the service related things).

I modified the sources in order to compile them with a c++ compiler (Msvc6), so
now they are more readable for the ones who want to modify them further (got rid
of typedefs.h in this process).

Yesterday I modified the disk I/O handling to buffered I/O and I'll post as soon
as I get a clear idea I don't mess up things..

the URL with the sources and binaries, changelog and usage is
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~romeo/squidnt.htm

cheers,
Romeo Anghelache
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~romeo/