Re: squidng -> squid.sourceforge

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:32:39 +0800

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > > Ok. I will try to get the commit messages running again when proper
> > > routing has been restored. At the moment there seems to be some routing
> > > problems blocking communication between my main ISP and SourceForge...
> >
> > Does it realy matter? Why not just close the squidng tree down and use
> > the stuff brought over into the squid branches ?
>
> I am talking about squid.sourceforge.net.

Oh, ok.

> Since the CVS branches have been moved to squid.sourceforge.net the old
> squidng CVS tree can be considered closed. I thought this was clear to
> everyone, and it is in the squid.sourceforge.net repository that Sizif
> and Nikita has been fixing stuff lately.

Right. I thought you were saying they committed stuff to the squidng
codebase.

Now, as for the reiserfs_raw / storetree / tcp_async management
stuff.. they naturally fall under my own two branches - modio and
commloops.

Once I've finished tidying up the modio branch I'm going to
stick the commloops branch in as a child branch - it will
depend upon the new storage apis to perform event IO properly
(the hack thats in the right now is a hack, but its taught
me a bit..)

Once that has happened, I'd think the best place for reiserfs_raw
and tcp_async to sit is under this commloops / modio thing. I'd
personally merge both reiserfs_raw and tcp_async together, since
at that point they'll just be a seperate comm and object store module,
rather than lots of intrusive bits. :-)

I'll probably integrate the raid code into modio soon as well, as
the whole raid idea fits in quite nicely with what I'm doing.

Sizif/Moez/etc, if you want some work, I've got plenty now.. :)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Here's five for the cake, and
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  five to buy a clue."